Find your dominant coloring
- Do you have light hair and light eyes? Your dominant coloring is Light.
- Do you have dark hair and dark eyes? Your dominant coloring is Deep.
- Does your hair have red tones? Your dominant coloring is Warm.
- Does your hair have grey or ashy tones? Your dominant coloring is Cool.
- Do you have dark hair and light eyes? Your dominant coloring is Clear.
- Do you have medium toned hair and eyes? Is there little contrast between your skin, hair and eye colors? Your dominant coloring is Soft.
Find your secondary characteristic
If your dominant coloring is not Warm or Cool, one or the other will be your secondary characteristic. To determine which you are, look at the underside of your arm which will not be sun damaged. If your skin has a golden undertone, your secondary characteristic is Warm. If your skin has a pink undertone, your secondary characteristic is Cool. You may also look at the veins in your arm. If they look greenish, you have a warm undertone; if they look blue, you have a cool undertone. Still undecided? If you feel you look better in gold jewelry, you are Warm. If you feel you look better in silver jewelry, you are Cool.
For further study
We’re all super busy, with limited time, so this site aims to give you a quick overview of the color classification system. If you’re fascinated by personal color and style, like I am, and are interested in exploring further, check out the book Color Me Confident.