Lucky you! You have great shoulders – halter necks are made for you. To balance the upper and lower parts of your body, you need to highlight your hips and bottom, focusing attention below your waist.
Your golden rules
- Ensure that there’s minimal detail at the shoulder line; keep this area as simple as possible.
- Clothing lines need to be straight and clean.
- Your silhouette should be uncluttered.
Your clothing lines
- Jackets should be constructed or shaped with angular lines.
- Tops should have simple lines without a lot of detail.
- Skirts should be straight, box pleats or panelled.
- Pants can be any style. Pockets and details will accentuate your bottom half.
- Dresses should be simple, straight lines or shifts.
- Coats should be straight line with a slightly shaped waist.
- Swimsuits can be halter tops or square necklines. Details on the hip draw the eye down. Avoid floral patterns. Go for two piece styles where the tops and bottoms are sold separately.
What to avoid
- Frills and flounces
- Gathered waistlines
- Tiered skirts
- Soft, floppy and fluffy fabrics
- Bias cuts