Lucky you! With your shoulders, waist and hips all proportionate and balanced, it’s much easier to find dresses and swimsuits. Your main aim is to soften your figure a little and give the illusion of more curves.
Your golden rules
- Use details on your hips and bottom to create shape.
- Avoid details at the waist, such as noticeable waistbands or belts.
- Keep your clothing line straight.
- Go for an uncluttered look.
Your clothing lines
- Jackets should be structured and shaped.
- Tops should have simple, clean lines.
- Skirts should be crossover, straight, box pleats or panelled.
- Pants can be any style.
- Dresses should be simple, straight lines or shifts.
- Coats should have staight lines with some emphasis at the waist.
- A one-piece swimsuit with a central panel in a darker shade creates the illusion of a slimmer shape, as do square necklines. Avoid high-waisted bikini bottoms.
What to avoid
- Frills and flounces
- Gathered waistlines
- Soft, floppy and fluffy fabrics
- Bias cuts
- Belted jackets and coats