Lucky you! You can bring all the attention to the top half of your body. You are often referred to as pear-shaped, so with your choice of clothes, you should aim to accentuate your bust and minimize your bottom and hips.
Your golden rules
- Your jackets and tops need to finish either above or below the widest point of your hips and bottom.
- Layering on your top half creates visual interest and draws the eye upwards.
- Buy jackets or tops that fit your shoulders rather than your hips – you can always leave the bottom button undone.
Your clothing lines
- Jackets with details, collars, pockets, buttons or double-breasted are excellent choices.
- Tops that are patterned or have horizontal stripes. Twin sets.
- Skirts should have simple lines: long flip, bias cut or panelled.
- Pants should be plain, flat-fronted with size zip. Bootleg or flares are great for long legs.
- Dresses with full skirts or stick to separates.
- Coats should have square shoulders or wide collars.
- Swimsuits should have detailing above the waist. Beware of high-cut styles that finish at your widest point.
What to avoid
- Strait skirts
- Too much detail or pattern on skirts or pants
- Halter necks and raglan sleeves
- Tight-fitting, single-layered tops
- Tops and jackets that finish at your widest point